How to Use WhatsApp Web on Desktop or Tablet – Before going into the discussion how to use WhatsApp Web, it is good to know first what is WhatsApp Web or WA web. In simple way, the meaning of WhatsApp Web is a website page that is provided specifically for WHATSAPP users to be able to chat through a desktop or laptop computer.
Basically the appearance of WA Web on a desktop computer is exactly the same as on smartphones. The excess of WhatsApp chats with desktop/laptop computers is a larger monitor screen size, as well as ease of typing text and sending files. We don’t need to install any additional apps on your computer, just use the browser app on your computer. My suggestion is to use the fastest browser app for more seamless chatting activities. For example Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
Terms of using WA Web
Before you can use Whatsapp Web services, you must meet some of the following minimum requirements:
1. Your Smartphone uses Android OS, iOS 8.1 +, Windows Phone 8.0 and 8.1, Blackberry 10.
2. Your smarphone must have a rear camera that works well for the QR code scanning process.
3. You already have an active WhatsApp account on your smartphone.
4. Make sure your Internet connection is stable, be it on your computer/laptop or smartphone.
5. Your computer/laptop uses a fast and up to date browser application. For example Google Chrome, Mozila Firefox, Opera, and more.
In order to be able to use WhatsApp Web services smoothly, then all five conditions must be met. If any of these conditions are not met then you can not use WA web.
How to access to WhatsApp Web
To use WhatsApp web on your PC or laptop, you need to synchronize first between WhatsApp on your smartphone with WhatsApp Web. It’s so easy, just do a few simple steps below:
1. Open the https://web.whatsapp.com site in the browser on your computer.
2. Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone. For Android users, then tap the third dot on the top right of WhatsApp on your smartphone.
3. Next will appear drop down, then tap on the WhatsApp Web section.
4. You will be redirected to the confirmation page, then tap on the OK, GOT IT
5. The last step, please scan the QR Code that is visible on the computer monitor using WhatsApp on your smartphone. At this step WhatsApp you are already connected to WA Web and ready to use.
How to use WA Web
Basically how to use WhatsApp Web is just like when we use WhatsApp app on smartphone. However, unfortunately there is a WhatsApp feature that can not be used in WA web, ie; Video Call and voice call.
Some other WhatsApp features that you can use on WhatsApp Web include:
It’s very easy like using WA on smartphones. Search for a friend’s name through the search feature in WA, or hover your computer over the last conversation with others.
2. Voice Recording
Same as when we recorded sound through WhatsApp on a smartphone. Click the Micropohone button on the bottom right, which will pop up for confirmation. Click the Allow/Allow button, then click the Ok, I Got It button. Next voice recording feature can be used directly in WA Web.
3. Sending files
Via WhatsApp Web, we can also send files in the form of images, videos, documents, and contacts. Click the Shape button like a paper clip, select the type of file to send, select the file, then send it.
Sign out of WhatsApp Web
Every time you finish using WA Web you should make sure to sign out, so that conversations on WhatsApp aren’t read by others.
That’s a quick explanation of WA Web and a quick tutorial on how to use it. Hopefully this article is helpful and add to your insight.